Introducing Our Standards in Safety and Care
Our new safety & cleanliness protocols are extensive to ensure your well–being while staying with us. From arrival to departure, no area or detail has been left uncovered and we want you to rest assured that we’ve thought of everything.
Solmar Hotels & Resorts has come up with a plan to keep you safe while enjoying the beautiful destination of Cabo San Lucas.
In order to protect our staff, guests and members, we have implemented new policies, procedures and social distancing practices to ensure the highest levels of prevention controls that are aligned with Federal recommendations across our resorts. These include:
1. Special training to all staff members on techniques for infection prevention.
2. Role-specific measures to be implemented on a day-to-day basis.
3. Close supervision from area managers to ensure high-levels of personal hygiene.
4. Security access check points with digital thermometers in order to verify the health of each employee before entering our facilities.
5. Availability of sanitizing gel and/or soap on all workstations and back of house common facilities.
6. Daily sanitization of employees’ common areas such as locker rooms, canteen, offices, workshops, warehouse, pantries, etc.
7. Updated floor plans of employees’ canteens with reduced capacity, readjusted operation schedules and elimination of self-service stations.
8. Availability of face masks and safety goggles for all employees and mandatory usage of such for all departments.
9. Full empathy with all employees who present any symptoms to stay at home until fully recovered. Solmar: will work to help them with medical advice,
MEMBERS AND GUESTS
We want our members and guests to Stay With Confidence
Face coverings are required in all public spaces at our hotels
- All security gate agents will always be required to use a facemask and safety goggles.
BELL DESK & VALET PARKING
1. Mandatory usage of face mask. safety goggles and respect for social distancing.
2. Sanitization of all members’ luggage pieces before entering our facilities.
3. Temperature measuring stations available for members and guests.
4. Mandatory use of sanitization solutions to spray inside all cars at valet parking.
FRONT DESK & CONCIERGE
1. All front desk agents must use face masks and safety goggles.
2. Reception and Concierge desks representatives must use acrylic sneeze guards.
3. Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at Reception counter and Concierge desks.
4. Sanitization of credit card terminals, pens and all items used between members.
1. Revised and adjusted cleaning procedures for housekeeping, ensuring reinforced sanitization of rooms at each check-out and check-in.
2. Mandatory use of face mask and safety goggles for staff members.
3. Check-in time will change from 4pm to 5pm in order to provide enough time to ensure above actions take place.
1. Mandatory use of face masks and safety goggles for all employees.
2. Constant sanitization of public areas such as elevators, bathrooms, railings, etc.
RESTAURANTS, BARS & DELIS
1. Mandatory use of face mask and safety goggles for staff and respect for social distancing.
2. Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at the entrance of all restaurants and bars.
3. Daily sanitization process of restaurants, bars and kitchens (front and back of the house).
4. Close supervision to ensure high levels of personal hygiene and food preparation.
5. New floor plans and readjusted operation schedules at restaurants and bars with reduced capacity.
6. New practices and controls implemented at buffet-style venues to avoid self-serving service.
7. Sanitization of tables, chairs, menus, trays, condiments jars, credit card terminals, check cover, pens and all items used between members.
1. Reorganization of sunbeds to allow for more space between members while respecting social distancing protocols.
2. Mandatory use of face masks and safety goggles for all pool waiters and waitresses with respect for social distancing.
3. Close supervision to ensure high levels of personal hygiene and food and beverage preparation.
4. Sanitization of menus, trays, condiments, check cover, pens, etc.
SPA & BEAUTY SALON
1. Staff at welcome desk or counter must use acrylic sneeze guards.
2. Mandatory usage of face masks and safety googles for guests with respect for social distancing policy.
3. Readjusted operation schedules of services to ensure lower capacity seating with respect social distancing between members.
4. Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at the spa counters.
5. Close supervision to ensure high levels of personal hygiene.
6. No edible amenities for public consumption.
7. Revised and adjusted cleaning procedure for cabins, locker rooms, showers, etc. to ensure full sanitization between members.
8. Sanitization of spa menus, credit card terminals, check cover, pens and all items used between members.
ENTERTAINMENT & KIDS CLUB
1. Mandatory use of face masks and safety googles for all staff with respect for social distancing.
2. Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at activities and kids club counters.
3. Mandatory temperature testing of all kids before entering the kid’s club facilities.
4. Readjusted operation schedule of services to ensure lower capacity seating with respect for social distancing between members.
5. Sanitization of used equipment between groups of kids.
1. Welcome desk or counter staff must use acrylic sneeze guards.
2. All fitness center staff must use face mask, safety goggles and respect social distancing.
3. Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at fitness center counters.
4. Readjusted operation schedules of services to ensure lower capacity and respect social for distancing between members.
5. Sanitization of used equipment between members.
1. Members and guests with meal plan program will be allowed to order takeaway in restaurants, delis and bars.
2. All staff is fully trained to follow safety protocol while handling food & beverages.
1. Solmar will encourage the use of room service so that members and guests can enjoy food and beverages in the privacy and security of their suite.
2. In order to ensure the cleanliness and security of members’ suite, all room service orders will be served in to-go containers.
3. Room service waiters and waitresses will not be allowed to enter the members’ suites.
4. Room service menu has been adapted in order to offer the most popular and appetizing dishes.
5. The Chef has created pre-made options for members to easily heat up in-suite, minimizing staff contact with food.
1. Solmar will encourage take away in order for members and guests to enjoy food and beverage in the privacy and security of their suite.
2. Restaurants, delis and bars will be prepared with several to-go containers for each order.